I've always wanted a Clarisonic cleansing brush, but never wanted the big price tag it came with. During the Sephora VIB sale last month, I purchased a gift set that included the Clarisonic Mia 1 and the cleansing gel. for $129 (normally $148). I asked if you guys wanted a review of my experience on Instagram and you guys voted YES! So I made sure to document my experience. First up- my before pictures (big old stress zits, and all).
- Not too big or heavy
- Simple directions with pictures
- I wish there were more tips/FAQ's included, like how to clean the brush, how often to change the brush head and more
- Disappointed because I had to charge for 18 hours before use and wanted to use it right away!
- Started noticing that skin was smoother and less red
- My skin was so soft!
END OF WEEK ONE
- My "stress zits" were no longer raised and dry spots on my face were gone
END OF WEEK TWO
Noticed that improvements to acne halted
Skin was less oily
This specific Clarisonic kit comes with a charger that is actually a magnet that connects to the Clarisonic, super easy. It also comes with a full-size (4 oz) Refreshing Gel Cleanser, made by Clarisonic. There is also a small booklet filled with picture directions, I found this annoying because I wished it gave me more worded direction. For example, I had no idea the Clarisonic was a timed wash.
Because there wasn't much direction in the booklet, I made sure to figure out all the questions I had on their website, so I could learn more about using a Clarisonic. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer, just let me know!
(Most of this info is from the Clarisonic website)
- Transient acne is common when you first start using the Clarisonic, keep with it and you will start noticing results after 2 weeks
- If you feel like the Clarisonic isn't working well enough, you may simply not be using enough water or cleanser.
- You can use your Clarisonic in the shower- which I thought was a total game-changer!
- You don't need to press hard, the brush should "float" across your face
- The Mia 1 Clarisonic comes with a Radiance Brush Head, which is a gentle brush with soft bristles that helps absorb oil
- There are interchangeable brush heads for different factors like sensitive, oily, or acne-prone skin
- Once a week you should clean your brush head, by removing it and cleaning it with warm, soapy water and letting it air dry.
- Change your brush head every 3 months
- You should charge your brush once every 2-3 weeks
- The brush is set on a timer, so it forces you to get a nice, thorough clean
These are my results after 2 1/2 weeks of using the Clarisonic. After the first week I felt like my skin stopped improving, but am starting to see results again in week 3. The most notable difference I have noticed is my skin is less oily, redness has reduced and small bumps are disappearing. My "stress zits are completely flat, but are still pretty red. I also have yet to clean it (oops), and definitely skipped a face wash a few nights here and there. I would still definitely recommend the Clarisonic Mia, even with the price tag! The results I have noticed are good enough to me that I'm interested in continuing and seeing if I can get better results. As I continue to use the Clarisonic, I'll update you if my opinion changes!