Valentine's Day Rice Krispie Treats
This is my last recipe in my Valentine's series and the easiest! Valentine's Day is tomorrow- do you have plans yet!? After six years, Eric and I are finally having an official Valentine's Day date. Yay for days off! We are going to dinner at a southwestern restaurant that serves indian tacos and fry bread, it should be fun!
For my third recipe, I'm making heart-shaped Rice Krispie Treats! Have you ever had rice krispie treats that were hard and dry? Well, this recipe is soft and gooey! The trick- lots of butter. My boyfriend would never say no to any sweet I make, but if yours does this would also be perfect for children or a galentine's day party! The best part- you can whip them up in a pinch! Rice Krispie Treats aren't your thing? I also have a recipe for Frosè here and heart-shaped soft pretzels here! Check out this super easy recipe below!
10 oz Marshmallows, mini
8 tbsp Butter, unsalted (cut into 1 tbsp pieces)
1/4 tsp Vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
Almond bark, to taste
Food coloring, to desired color
Sprinkles, if desired
1) Add marshmallows, butter and vanilla to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for a minute and stir with spatula, continue microwaving until consistency is smooth.
2) Mix in marshmallow mixture to rice krispies until fully combined.
3) Line a 13X8 inch pan with parchment paper. Turn rice krispies into pan and smooth until they fill the whole pan.
4) Allow to cool for at least 45 minutes. These treats are perfectly gooey and will be messy to work with, otherwise eat them right out of the pan (it will be hard not to).
5) Once cool, use a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut-out rice krispy treats.
6) Melt almond bark and dye to desired color. Drizzle the rice krispy treats with almond bark or dip them in the almond bark.
7) Top with sprinkles (if desired).