I’ve been super into Christmas this year. I want ALL of the festive things - including food and drinks. That’s why I created this Christmas themed cocktail perfect for warming you up on chilly nights! While this recipe takes time, overall it’s fairly easy and definitely tastes like Christmas! Check out the recipe below! If whiskey isn’t your thing, check out my Easy Holiday Mule recipe here.
2 oz Bourbon or Whiskey
1/2 oz Cranberry Juice
1 1/2 cup water
3 cups granulated sugar
Fresh Cranberries, to garnish
1 package Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
(p.s. 1 tablespoon = 1/2 oz if you don’t own a jigger)
Shaken; poured over ice
Sugared Rosemary Sprig
For the Infused Simple Syrup and Sugared Rosemary Sprigs:
1) In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar over medium heat to form simple syrup. Stir until the edges begin to simmer and the liquid becomes clear.
2) Remove from heat.
3) With tongs, stir in rosemary sprigs to simple syrup. Remove a few sprigs for garnishes and allow to dry on a piece of parchment paper (about an hour).
4) Leave the rest of the rosemary in the simple syrup, cover and allow to cool. For a sweeter syrup, infuse for a couple of hours. For a stronger syrup, leave the sprigs soaking overnight.
5) Take the cooled rosemary garnishes you set aside, and roll the sprigs in the remaining granulated sugar. Set on a new piece of parchment paper and allow to dry for one hour.
For the Cocktail:
1) Add orange wedge and 3 fresh cranberries into shaker with 1/2 oz rosemary simple syrup. Muddle till cranberries are crushed well.
2) Add Cranberry juice. Shake.
3) Strain into a cocktail glass with ice.
4) Garnish with sugared rosemary and an orange wedge and fresh cranberries on a skewer.