Happy Friday! I'm currently visiting my hometown - for those of you that don't know, I grew up in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa! I love visiting home and seeing all of my family and dear friends. I feel like I don't go home enough, but in all honesty I visit home more than most people I know. Oh well! I'll be spending the next week relaxing, shopping (of course) and a lot of eating! Does anyone else miss food!? There are a couple of restaurants I ALWAYS need to go to while I'm visiting.
I recently purchased a few cute pairs of pajamas I want to share with you! I've been updating a lot of my pajamas that I bought years ago. Instead of just buying p.j. shorts and pairing them with old t-shirts, I'm trying to buy more matching sets. Check them out below!
COFFEE O' Clock
I had to get this cute little set because I've been drinking all the coffee lately! The sweatshirt is slightly cropped and the shorts are high-waisted. In my opinion, the shorts run a little big so I would size down if your in-between sizes!
Truth is, I only bought these pajamas because my boyfriend thought they were cute, but I'm glad I did because they are so fun! The shirt is really wide and boxy, which is perfect for bed. And the pants are a high-rise legging. This pair also runs a little big, so size down if needed!
POP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
You. Guys. This is my FAVORITE pair. Like, how cute are these!? The pom-pom's are adorable, plus the quote cracks me up. The t-shirt is slightly cropped and boxy and the shorts have an elastic band and are so soft. These run true to size and will be perfect for warm nights.
MORE PAJAMAS I LOVE:
6 WAYS TO DE-STRESS BEFORE BED
I don't know about you, but I've never been a good sleeper. It always takes me so long to relax at night, resulting in a late bed time and a groggy morning. Here are six ways to help you de-stress before bed, so you can get a good nights sleep!
1) Drink Tea - I know this is clichè, but this is one of my favorite ways to relax. It's proven that Chamomile and Passionfruit tea will help you relax. My favorite teas before bed are:
- Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla
- Celestial Seasonings Chamomile & Lavendar
- Yogi Kava Stress Relief
2) Read - Reading a good book before bed helps your mind get away from the stresses of the day. I prefer something light hearted, so when I put the book down my mind isn't racing about what will happen next. Whenever I read before bed, I fall asleep so fast! This is something I should try to do more often.
3) Aromatherapy - Whether you prefer a lighting a candle, essential oils, or using a diffuser- aromatherapy has been effective to relax you before bed. Look for scents such as:
4) Take a hot bath - People say this a lot, but it really does work. Taking a hot bath will relax your muscles and raise your core body temperature, triggering you to fall asleep. If I'm really trying to relax I like to use this valerian & hops bath oil.
5) Create a To-Do List - One of my biggest problems is thinking about everything I need to get done, right before bed. I always want to get it done right that second, so I won't forget. Writing a To-Do list helps me let go of that stress and prepares me for the next day.
6) Turn down the lights - Start turning down the lights an hour before bed time. I like to slowly do this by leaving warm string lights on while I'm still awake. It's best to get into bed in complete darkness. Along with lights in your house, also turn down the light on your screen. Try not to use your phone an hour before going to bed. This is something I need to work on! I'm on my phone until the last minute, probably stressed about something blogging related and unable to go to sleep.