Outfit Details + 10 Things You Didn't Know About Me
This past weekend I hit my first big milestone on my blog- 1,000 followers on Instagram! If you aren't following me yet, you can find me here. This is where you can find out first about my new blog posts and where I post daily outfit pics! Considering I have so many new people around here I thought it would be fun to tell you a little bit about me, so I'm going to share 10 facts at the end of this post.
Before that, take a look at my outfit that's perfect for those cold, spring days!
I was automatically drawn to this Free People sweater because it's so unique! Plus, I couldn't help myself with this pretty purple shade! It's perfectly oversized and has the most unique details. So cozy too! There's a reason it's called the "Cuddle Up" sweater.
I styled it with fringe cuff jeans, perforated booties, a paisley scarf and a taupe cross body bag. This look is perfect for transitioning to spring because the bright, pastel shade represents the season, but it's still warm enough for those chilly days. You can shop the sweater (currently 40% off) below, but I'll link the rest of the outfit at the end of this post!
One of my favorite parts about this sweater are the oversized sleeves. This fuzzy bell sleeve is cuffed with a ribbed cotton making it feel even cozier. I accessorized by layering bracelets and rings. This is my favorite way to accessorize, even better than necklaces. And yes, I mix metals.
How cool is the back of this sweater!? It's a different fabric than the front of the sweater. More of a cotton with a diamond printed back. Not going to lie, when I wore this sweater my grandpa genuinely asked if I knitted this sweater on my own, but I kinda love that it looks like that. The scarf I layered over this outfit, plays up the spring vibes I wanted to have in this outfit. Unfortunately it's super old, so I will not be linking it.
I completed the outfit with these perforated booties. A company called Vionic gifted me these and I seriously love them. I'm all about style + comfort and these booties provide just that. They have padding and arch support, while still looking cute. They will be perfect for work where I'm on my feet for hours at a time.
I'm linking this whole outfit below, so you can easily shop this look! First, get to know me by reading 10 facts about me!
10 Things You Didn't Know About Me:
1) I grew up in a small suburb in Des Moines, Iowa. I moved to Denver, CO for college after high school and have been here ever since (7 1/2 years). I miss home sometimes, but mostly I miss all of my family that still lives there!
2) I grew up dancing. I've done everything from tap, ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop and more but my favorite is probably jazz! I started when I was 4 years old, joined competition team at age 7 and then continued until I was 18. Dance meant everything to me and I miss it so much.
3) In high school, I joined the synchronized swimming team. I always loved the water and dancing was so similar. Me and all my friends joined and we seriously had SO much fun, I even got my sister to join! Definitely one of my nerdier hobbies though.
4) After high school, the first thing I went to school for was Baking & Pastry Arts and then I decided I liked cooking more so I switched to the Culinary program. Turns out I'm not very good at either (professionally), but I love whipping up recipes for fun like the one's I post on here!
5) One of my past roommates was a hair stylist and her job always seemed so fun, so I decided I wanted to go to Cosmetology school. I ended up going and studying hair, skin and nails. I worked as a hairstylist for a couple of months, but honestly never really loved it. I even graduated "Valedictorian." I keep my license active so I have access to the best products though!
6) I graduated college last May with a Bachelor's in Fashion Merchandising & Retailing and I've never been happier. It was a long road to get here, but I'm happy with where I'm at.
7) I'm in a supervisory management role at a very popular retailer where most of my clothes are from. I've been there for two and a half years and love everyone I work with - the discount isn't bad either!
8) I developed an allergy to shellfish about six years ago after being able to eat it my whole life! The doctors thought I was also allergic to fish, so I avoided both for years. Turns out it was just shellfish - thank god, because I missed sushi so much.
9) I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I have several ideas, so we'll have to see where life takes me. Definitely something retail focused - I just don't know if I want to be in a management role, an e-commerce role, visual merchandising or an owner of my own boutique. I'll find my "big-kid" job eventually.
10) I created this blog because I felt like I wasn't using all of my creativity. I love writing, photography, cooking, styling outfits, beauty, skincare and more, but had no where to release my passions. This blog has been the perfect outlet for me and I'm so happy I have so many great people following along!
SHOP THE LOOK: